Labels

Samstag, 5. März 2016

Date & Nut Balls

I am trying to eat more healthily (once again...). There is just one major problem: I love sweets and I just can't do without them.

So I was looking for a compromise and after lengthy experimenting I have come up with these Date & Nut Balls. Dark cocoa powder makes them really chocolate-y and they are sweetened by dates with an addition of nuts for extra energy.

They are vegan, raw, gluten-free and there is no sugar or fat added. Actually that doesn't sound satisfying but I promise they taste awesome!



For about 20 balls you will need:

  • 150g mixed nuts (I like almonds, peanuts and cashews)
  • 100g soft dates
  • 10g puffed quinoa
  • 1 tbsp dark cocoa powder
  • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 clementine

1. In a food processor, coarsely grind the nuts. Tip them onto a flat plate.

2. Process the dates and juice of one clementine into a sticky puree. Add the cocoa powder, cinnamon, quinoa and two thirds of the ground nuts and blitz once more to combine.

3. Roll one tablespoon of the mixture between your wet hands to get a dime-sized ball. Roll in the rest of the ground nuts to coat it. Proceed with the rest of the mixture.

Store in an airtight container and refridgerate.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen